Brother Daniel Edward Summers ps07 was a pillar of the fraternity and a beloved friend. Our organization flourished thanks in part to his stewardship, manifested not only through his formal roles such as House Manager and Executive Vice President, but also through the insightful questions he asked during house meetings and the personal mentorship and advice he provided freely to fellow members. All the while, his kindness and humor were gifts celebrated by over a decade’s worth of Triangle brothers.
Despite his accomplishments and his undeniable breadth and depth of knowledge (coupled with the razor-sharp wit to apply that knowledge), Br. Summers never harbored contempt for his brothers nor held himself above them, and instead possessed the uncanny ability to make others feel special.
To honor the memory and legacy of Br. Daniel E. Summers ps07, by recognizing members who exhibit those facets of his extraordinary personality which made him such an integral part of our brotherhood: unwavering loyalty to Triangle and its members, effective advocacy on behalf of important issues, and gracious humility. The scholarship amount is $1,000, to be awarded to one winner in the Fall semester.
- Applicant is an Active Member of the Penn State Chapter of Triangle Fraternity
- Candidate has lived in the Triangle Fraternity house for at least two semesters (which may include the current semester)
- Candidate currently holds or has previously held an Executive Board position or any Chairman position within the undergraduate organization
- Candidate has been nominated by (at least) one undergraduate member other than himself, such that the nomination includes at least two specific anecdotes which demonstrate how the nominee improved the brotherhood (by mentoring a fellow brother, leading a project, promoting the Code of Ethics, etc.)
- Applicant possesses full-time enrollment status at the University Park campus for the current semester (i.e., the semester during which the applicant applies for the scholarship)
- Applicant either possessed full-time enrollment status at the University Park campus for the previous semester, OR earned Penn State credit for a full-time co-op or research assignment during the previous semester
Please note: nominated candidates who do not meet the Criteria are excluded from the selection process, regardless of how many nominations they received.