Triangle’s Code of Ethics, the formal description of our fraternity’s beliefs and values, requires us to “maintain a creditable scholastic record.” To this end, the Penn State Chapter of Triangle offers this award to brothers who have achieved a threshold cumulative GPA. Between 2008 and 2018, $15,500 was awarded to deserving brothers by means of this scholarship opportunity alone (not counting other scholarship awards).
There is no need to apply for this award. All candidates who meet the Selection Criteria automatically win.
- Candidate’s cumulative GPA at the beginning of the semester ranked between 1st and 6th place (inclusive) among all members (including Associate members)
- Candidate’s cumulative GPA at the beginning of the semester was at least a 3.0
- Candidate has not yet won the Triangle Academic Excellence Scholarship twice during their time as a member of the fraternity
- Candidate is an Active or Associate Member of the Penn State Chapter of Triangle Fraternity at the time that winners are being selected
- Candidate possesses full-time enrollment status at the University Park campus for the current semester (i.e., the semester during which the scholarship winners will be announced)
- Candidate certifies that either he 1) will possess full-time enrollment status OR 2) will earn Penn State credit for a full-time co-op or research assignment during the next semester — unfortunately, this disqualifies graduating seniors from earning the scholarship during their final semester